Published on: March 15, 2022
SNIPPETS – 15 MARCH 2022
- Karnataka Chief Minister announced in his budget that the tur dal grown in Kalaburagi and Yadgir districts will be sold in the brand name of ‘Bhima Pulse’. However it is questioned because the geographical indication (GI) recognition has been accorded to tur dal grown in Kalaburagi district only and not for all the pulses
- The State Government has decided to have year-long celebration of Shantaveri Gopala Gowda’s birth centenary and also present “The Best Farmer” and “Best Legislator” awards annually in his name. He is considered one of India’s most important socialist leaders, and a pioneer of socialism in Karnataka
- An Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Technology Park (ARTPARK) was launched at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bengaluru. ARTPARK has been set up to effectively use technology, specifically AI and robotics, for the country’s betterment
- In a landmark judgment, the Karnataka High Court ruled that wearing of hijab by Muslim women is does not form essential religious practice in the Islamic faith and prescribing uniform is not a violation of fundamental rights guaranteed under Article 19(1)(a) and 25 of the Constitution
- As per recently released economic survey , Karnataka State’s Total Fertility Rate falling faster than national trend. TFR is total number of children born or likely to be born to a woman in her lifetime if she were subject to the prevailing rate of age-specific fertility in the population.
- Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change has proposed the rejuvenation of 13 major rivers across the country. River rejuvenation is the renewal of the erosive activity of the river
- United States President approved a arms package for Ukraine, which would include U.S. made Man-Portable Air-Defence Systems (MANPADS).
- ISRO successfully completed the ground test of the solid-fuel based booster stage (SS1) of its new Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV), completing the ground testing of all three stages of the launch vehicle