Published on: May 21, 2023
Snippets : 18-19 MAY 2023
- Ministry of Ayush is organising a two days National Ayush Mission Conclave in New Delhi. National Ayush Mission (NAM) is the flagship program of Ministry of Ayush and with active cooperation of states and UTs governments; it is changing the Health and wellness landscape in states. The two days conclave will pave way for better coordination among stakeholders and strengthen AHWCs functioning. The flagship program National Ayush Mission was launched in 2014 and it has played a crucial role in preserving and promoting India’s traditional systems of medicine and their integration into the mainstream healthcare system.
- Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR) celebrated its 6th Creation Day by organising an outreach program on ‘trade remedies’ for MSMEs. The DGTR was created in the year 2018. Before the DGTR, the Directorate General of Anti-dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) and the DG Safeguards were responsible for administering the trade remedial investigation against unfair trade practices such as anti-dumping and countervailing duties, as well as safeguard measures. Since 1995, India has initiated more than 1100 trade remedy investigations. DGTR also assists the Indian exporters in getting a fair outcome in trade remedy investigations conducted by other WTO Members against India.
- World Telecom Day Conference to mark the observance of World Telecommunication and Information Society Day on May 17 at Dr Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi. World Telecommunication Day has been celebrated annually on 17 May since 1969, marking the founding of ITU and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865. It was instituted by the Plenipotentiary Conference in Malaga-Torremolinos in 1973 as Resolution 46.
- The sixth submarine of Project 75, Vaghsheer , Indian Navy’s Kalvari class commenced her sea trials on 18 May 23. The submarine was launched in 20 Apr 22 from the Kanhoji Angre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL). Vaghsheer is scheduled for Delivery to the Indian Navy in early 2024 after completion of these trial
- Mumbai is hosting the 2nd Disaster Risk Reduction Working Group of G20 countries and the five key priority areas that will be taken up for discussions in this meeting are early warning, resilient infrastructure, national and international response, building back better and nature-based solutions. The DRRWG is an initiative taken by India under its G-20 Presidency. The first DRRWG meeting was held in Gandhinagar in March-April this year. This initiative of India to include Disaster Risk Reduction in the G-20 is a part of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015 to 2030 (Sendai Framework). This was the first major agreement that provides Member-States with a concrete action plan to protect development gains from the Risk of Disaster. It was endorsed by the UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction and advocates for – ‘The Substantial Reduction of Disaster Risk and losses in lives, livelihood and health and in the economic, physical, social, cultural and environmental assets of persons, business, communities and countries’.
- The index of mineral production of mining and quarrying sector for the month of March, 2023 (Base: 2011-12=100) at 154.2, is 6.8% higher as compared to the level in the month of March, 2022.
- An MoU for ‘Riverine based tourism Circuit’ being developed over river Brahmaputra will be signed between Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI), Sagarmala Development Company Limited (SDCL), Assam Tourism Development Corporation Limited (ATDC) and Directorate of Inland Water Transport (DIWT) Assam in Guwahati
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Museum Expo 2023 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.it is being organised as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, to celebrate the 47th International Museum Day (IMD).
- To empower the youth, the Government of Madhya Pradesh has unveiled the Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao Yojana with an aim to provide young individuals with the opportunity to learn and master their desired professions while earning a steady income each month.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, approved the Production Linked Incentive Scheme 2.0 for IT Hardware with a budgetary outlay Rs. 17,000 crore.
- The closing ceremony of the four-day long Uttarakhand Shree Anna (Millets) Festival took place in Dehradun under the chief hospitality of the Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- The Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying has announced the commencement of Phase-V of the Sagar Parikrama initiative. Starting from Raigad, Maharashtra and ending in Canacona, Goa
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) Mission Olympic Cell (MOC) of May 18th approved proposal of Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) shooters Ganemat Sekhon and Gurjoat Singh’s proposals to train in Italy under foreign coaches Piero Genga and Ennio Falco respectively.