Published on: January 22, 2022
SNIPPETS – 22 JANUARY 2022
- Noted astrophysicist Dr. Tarun Souradeep assumed charge as director of one of the leading institutes in the country, Raman Research Institute (RRI) in Bengaluru.
- The State of Himachal Pradesh is well on track to achieve the target of providing clean tap water supply to every rural home by 2024 under Har Ghar Jal initiative. Har Ghar Jal is a component of Jal Jeevan Mission which envisages supply of 55 litres of water per person per day to every rural household through Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) by 2024.
- Tiger census commenced at Bandipur at Nagarahole as part of the All-India Tiger and Mega Herbivore Estimation recently. It is conducted by National tiger conservation authority
- Modalities to deepen cooperation in “Deep Ocean Mission” was recently discussed. It is India’s first manned ocean mission
- The government has put out the eternal flame of the Amar Jawan Jyoti underneath India Gate and merged it with the one instituted at the National War Memorial in 2019
- The Supreme Court recently ruled that the property of a man who had died without executing a will and is survived only by a daughter will devolve upon the daughter and not others such as his brother.