Published on: September 22, 2021
SNIPPETS – 22 SEPTEMBER 2021
SNIPPETS – 22 SEPTEMBER 2021
- Kerala has bagged the Vayoshreshta Samman instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for geriatric care. It is a award to eminent senior citizens and institutions in recognition of their services towards the cause of elderly persons, especially indigent senior citizens by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Recently, the Jammu and Kashmir government has decided to implement the Forest Rights Act (FRA), 2006, which will elevate the socio-economic status of a sizable section of the 14-lakh-strong population of tribals and nomadic communities.FRA that was passed in December 2006 , deals with the rights of forest-dwelling communities over land and other resources. Grants legal recognition to the rights of traditional forest dwelling communities.
- Recently, the Trifed (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India) inked an agreement with the Jharkhand-based Purty Agrotech for the promotion of pearl farming in tribal areas.
- Assam will mark World Rhino Day — September 22 — with a special ceremony by burning a stockpile of nearly 2,500 horns of the one-horned rhinoceros. The ceremony has been publicised as a “milestone towards rhino conservation” aimed at “busting myths about rhino horns”. It shares a loud and clear message to the poachers and smugglers that such items have no value. It is in accordance with Section 39(3)(c) of the Wildlife (Protection) Act of 1972.
- World Alzheimer Day was observed across the world on September 21 with the objective of raising awareness of the disease, common symptoms and risk factors.Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative brain condition which gradually deteriorates memory and cognitive abilities. It is the most frequent cause of dementia in older people. This condition is a progressive illness which causes brain cells to deteriorate and die.
- The Assembly adopted the Karnataka Religious Structures (Protection) Bill, 2021, that seeks to insulate unauthorised religious structures from the court’s directive to demolish such constructions in public places.The Bill gives protection from the court order to all religious structures that have been built before the date of coming into existence of this legislation
- The third edition of maritime exercise ‘Samudra Shakti’ between India and Indonesia will be conducted from 20th-22nd September, 2021 in the Sunda Strait.
- The Centre has started the process to revise school textbooks by appointing former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman K. Kasturirangan as the head of a 12-member steering committee responsible for developing a new National Curriculum Framework (NCF).
- The Asian Development Bank has cut its forecast for India’s GDP growth in 2021-22 to 10%, from 11% projected earlier, with downside risks dominating the economic outlook. The ADB also sees rising input costs fuelling inflation to a faster 5.5% pace, than the 5.2% previously estimated.
- The International Day of Peace is observed by United Nations on September 21, every year.Theme of the Day.Theme of International Day of Peace in year 2021 is “Recovering better for an equitable and sustainable world”.