Published on: November 24, 2021
SNIPPETS – 24 NOVEMBER 2021
- The Karnataka Agricultural Price Commission (KAPC) has recommended to the State Government to seek permission from the Centre for increasing the procurement of quantity of foodgrains under the MSP for distribution at subsidised prices under the public distribution system (PDS). PDS is a System of management for food and distribution of food grains run by central and state governments.
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld a scheme of the then ruling AIADMK government in Tamil Nadu granting a waiver of outstanding crop loans, medium-term (agriculture) loans, and long-term (farm sector) loans issued to small and marginal farmers. SC is of the opinion that these situations do not violate Article 14
- Andhra Assembly withdraws resolution to abolish Legislative Council. Government had passed the statutory resolution in January 2020 under Article 169(1) of the Constitution
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) approved deal for the manufacture of 6.71 lakh AK-203 assault rifles in India in cooperation of Russia. It is Considered to be the latest and most advanced version of the AK-47 rifle
- Union Home Minister laid the foundation stone for the ‘Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum’ in Manipur’s Tamenglong district. The museum project was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. She was a freedom fighter from Manipur, who got title of Rani from Jawaharlal Nehru
- India, U.S. commit to linking economies across sectors at recently held Trade Policy Forum meet