Published on: September 24, 2021
SNIPPETS – 24 SEPTEMBER 2021
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bengaluru, and six Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are among 12 Indian institutions that have figured in the top 500 universities in QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022. It is a leading global career and education network for ambitious professionals looking to further their personal and professional development.
- The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) will be observing 1st October 2021 as the National Pension System Diwas (NPS Diwas) to promote pension and retirement planning for a carefree ‘azad’ retirement.The pension regulator aims to encourage every citizen (working professionals and self-employed professionals) to plan towards creating a financial cushion to ensure for onself a financially sound future after retirement.
- As per Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) study, India is all set and is on the right track to become industrial trans fat-free by 2022 . They are most harmful type of fats which can have much more adverse effects on our body than any other dietary constituent.
- According to a study, published in the journal BMJ Open, out of 150 patients hospitalised for Covid in the United States in the initial phase of the pandemic, 73 per cent had delirium. It is a disturbance in mental state where a person is confused, agitated and unable to think clearly.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has paid tributes to Rashtrakavi Ramdhari Singh Dinkar on his birth anniversary. Ramdhari Singh (1908 –1974), known by his nom de plume Dinkar, is considered as one of the most important modern Hindi poets.
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) has named a Lunar crater at the south pole of the moon after the Arctic explorer Matthew Henson.
- CSIR-CMERI has handed over the “CSIR-CMERI developed Solar DC Cooking System” to Asansol Braille Academy in West Bengal.This Solar DC Cooking System is a “Solar Energy based Cooking System” that comprises of solar PV panel, battery bank, charge controller and cooking oven.It has a potential to save 1 ton Carbon Dioxide emissions per year per household.
- Leh is all set to host the first edition of the Himalayan Film Festival.This festival is being organised by Leh in association with the Directorate of Film Festivals with the aim of creating an interactive and exposure platform in order to promote aspiring local filmmakers as well as to showcase Ladakh as an attractive film destination.
- According to India’s federal cyber security agency, CERT-In, a banking Trojan malware has been detected in Indian cyberspace. This trojan is lurking to attack bank customers using Android phones