Published on: April 25, 2022
SNIPPETS – 25 APRIL 2022
- Second edition of Khelo India University Games recently begun at Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium in Bengaluru
- Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on every 24th day of April wherein Panchayati Raj system was accorded the constitutional status
- US conducted an open-air study of genetically engineered mosquitoes which shows promising results. They are manufactured in lab for controlling diseases
- Chief Ministers of Arunachal Pradesh and his Assam have decided to form district-level committees for settling their inter-state boundary disputes
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the first Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award. The award was conferred to mark the 80th death anniversary of Master Deenanath Mangeshkar, the Nightingale of Bollywood’s father. The Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards aim to recognize and honour the extraordinary individuals from the field of music, drama, art, medical and social work.
- Environmentalists and activists are criticizing the Telangana government for withdrawing an over 25-year-old government order (GO) 111 protecting the historic Osman Sagar and Himayat Sagar reservoirs in Hyderabad, which they say will destroy the fragile surrounding ecosystem.
- Strontium, also known as Fancy Bear, Tsar Team, Pawn Storm, Sofacy, Sednit or Advanced Persistent Threat 28 (APT28) group, is a highly active and prolific cyber-espionage group. It is one of the most active APT groups and has been operating since at least the mid-2000s, making it one of the world’s oldest cyber-spy groups.
- Emmanuel Macron re-elected as President of France