Snippets – 27 August 2022
Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai unveiled a http://preferredmode.com/2013/05/10/gina-2/ vision document that, according to the State government, aims to Lurasidone no prescription outline a long-term plan for the holistic development of the healthcare sector in the State. It is touted as India’s first-of-its-kind comprehensive healthcare vision document at a ‘Doctors’ day’ event at the Vidhana Soudha.
- Hitachi Energy, a technology player that offers advanced solutions for a sustainable energy future globally, set up a new facility to manufacture power quality products (devices that test and check the quality of power) at Doddaballapur on the outskirts of Bengaluru.
- The former Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa inaugurated the Savarkar Rath Yatra in Mysuru with a call to counter the “negative propaganda” against Hindutva ideologue V.D. Savarkar in the State by spreading his message.
- A new attraction awaits tourists visiting Mysuru zoo as red-necked wallabies that were recently added to the zoo’s vast animal collection, have been put on display ahead of Dasara festivities. The wallabies – one male and two female – were received in June this year from Czech Republic under an animal exchange programme.
- Weavers owning spinning wheels will get an annual sustenance under the YSR Netanna Nestham. The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to the handloom weavers so that they can improve their handloom works.
- The campus of Dravidian University echoed with the performance of artisans from various parts of South India, marking the World Folklore Day celebrations. The term ‘folklore’ was first coined on August 22, 1846, when William John Thoms combined the words ‘folk’ and ‘lore.’ He defined the word as the “traditional knowledge of a people.” Because of this, countries worldwide chose to celebrate their folklore and folk traditions on August 22 every year.
- Kerala has soft launched ‘Kerala Savari’, to ensure decent service to passengers along with fair remuneration to auto-taxi workers. It is operated by the Motor Workers Welfare Board under the aegis of the Labour Department.
- The Supreme Court has directed the Centre to increase coverage under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) so that “more and more needy persons and citizens get the benefit” under the 2013 law which entitles rural and urban poor to subsidised foodgrains under the Targeted Public Distribution System.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Madras’ annual Carbon Zero Challenge 2022 competition will focus on sustainability innovations and eco ventures. The Theme for CZC 2022 is CZC for ‘CRC’ (or) ‘Circularity in Resources Conservation.’
- Wildlife Trust of India (WTI), a nature conservation organisation, will launch a ‘save the Whale Shark campaign’ in Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep on the occasion of International Whale Shark Day on August 30.
The cooperation between the navies of India and the U.S. is one of the most dynamic and significant components of the bilateral defence ties, underlining that the defence sector has emerged as a major pillar between the two countries, especially in the context of the Indo-Pacific.