Published on: October 27, 2021
SNIPPETS – 27 OCTOBER 2021
- IIT-Delhi announced the launch of M.Tech in Machine Intelligence & Data Science (MINDS) to be offered by the School of Artificial Intelligence(ScAI), It is a industry-sponsored programme where students will be expected to work on industry-relevant AI problems
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has urged the central and state governments to increase the minimum legal age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21. It is to ensure young adolescents are protected from getting addicted to them. This needs a amendment in Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act
- The Union Minister of Commerce &Industry reviewed the progress on Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC)initiative of DPIIT. ONDC is globally first-of-its-kind initiative that aims to democratise Digital Commerce, moving it from a platform-centric model to an open-network.
- Union Health Ministry has rushed a high level multi-disciplinary team to Uttar Pradesh where a case of Zika Virus Disease case has been reported. The Zika virus is predominantly transmitted by infected mosquitoes from the Aedes genus, mainly Aedes aegypti. The Aedes mosquitoes also spread dengue, chikungunya and yellow fever.
- Raksha Mantri chairs Ambassadors’ RoundTable for DefExpo 2022. It is a Premier event in the international aerospace and defence calendar, has witnessed year-on-year growth, both in the quantity and quality of participation
- The report ‘Mapping India’s Climate Vulnerability – A District-level Assessment’, which has been supported by the India Climate Collaborative and Edelgive Foundation was released by Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW). It states Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Bihar are the most vulnerable to extreme climate events such as floods, droughts and cyclones
- Amid the military standoff with India in eastern Ladakh, China’s national legislature 23, 2021, adopted a new Land Border Law for the protection of the land border areas
- Karnataka govt to set up fair price shops for every 100 ration cardholders
- All state-run temples and religious institutions under the Muzrai department have been directed to conduct a ‘gau puja’ on the occasion of Deepavali/Bali Padyami on November 5.
- The sea phase of maiden Tri-Service exercise ‘Konkan Shakti 2021’ between the Armed Forces of India and United Kingdom (UK) is being held off the Konkan coast in the Arabian Sea.