Published on: December 30, 2021
SNIPPETS – 30 DECEMBER 2021
- The draft active mobility Bill has been published by the Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT). It aims to protect the rights of pedestrians and cyclists to safe, accessible, and connected pedestrian and cycling networks in urban areas in the State
- Birth anniversary of Kuvempu recently celebrated(29 December)
- Efforts are on to include the Buddhist site excavated in and around Sannati, on the banks of the Bhima in Chittapur taluk of Kalaburagi district, in the World Heritage site list of UNESCO
- T. Bhoopal, former Mysore University footballer and well-known administrator, passed away
- The total funds disbursed under Rythu Bandhu, Telangana government’s direct benefit transfer scheme for farmers, will soon touch Rs 50,000 crore. The scheme provides Financial aid of Rs. 4000 will be given to the farmers of Telangana before start of every sowing season
- The State Government of Goa approved a policy permitting mining companies to export low-grade iron ore, paving the way for resumption of mining activity that has been stalled since 2018.
- Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) Rankings was recently released. It is initiative of the Union Education Ministry to rank systematically all major higher education institutions in India with indicators related to innovation, start-up and entrepreneurship development among students and faculty members. The top rank has been bagged by the IIT, Madras
- All-woman team performs Tholpavakkoothu, a first in history, breaking age-old conventions. Rajitha Ramachandra Pulavar, who led the performance at the District Panchayat Hall in Kerala’s Palakkad on Christmas, aptly titled the show Penpavakkoothu, meaning women’s Tholpavakkoothu.
- Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) defeated Railway Sports Promotion Board (RSPB) 2-1 to win the Hockey India senior men’s inter-department National championship
- In order to preserve this important event in history, a Sankalp Smarak was dedicated to the nation at Commander-in-Chief Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN), exactly 78 years after Netaji’s arrival on 29 Dec