Published on: May 6, 2023
Snippets : 4-5 MAY 2023
- President of India launches ‘addiction free Odisha’ campaign of brahma kumaris centre, Hatbadra. Addiction is a disorder. It is a social, economic, physical and mental curse. Drug addiction causes tension in family and society. Therefore, there is a need to make people aware about the ill effects of drug abuse.
- The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Shri Jagan Mohan Reddy laid the foundation stone for the development of Bhogapuram International Airport. The project will be developed in three phases. The airport would become a growth engine for the development of the state and play a key role in the rise of tourism in the Northern Andhra region.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) in association with the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) organized the ‘River-Cities Alliance (RCA) Global Seminar: Partnership for Building International River-Sensitive Cities’ in New Delhi. The purpose of the RCA Global Seminar was to provide a platform for officials of member cities and international stakeholders to discuss and learn good practices for managing urban rivers.
- The Vote From Home (VFH) facility introduced in Karnataka by the Election Commission of India, for the first time in the country, has proved to be a blessing for those in the 80+ age group and people with disabilities (PwD).
- The Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) have signed a memorandum of understanding to offer better training in leadership and governance to officers.
- In a step further in the expanding India-ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations) military cooperation, the maiden ASEAN-India Maritime Exercise (AIME) is set to begin, with war games in South China Sea.
- The Prime Minister has praised the initiative by Border Roads Organisation Project Dantak to commemorate 64th Raising Day. It was established on April 24, 1961 as a result of the visionary leadership of His Majesty the Third King and then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru. To commemorate the sacrifices and contribution of its Karmyogis in nation building, Border Roads Organisation (BRO) is organising “Ekta Evam Shradhanjali Abhiyan”, a multi modal expedition as a part of 64th BRO Day Celebrations.
- BizAmp, an outreach programme organized by the Ministry of MSME in association with NSIC Venture Capital Fund Limited (NVCFL) under its Self-Reliant India (SRI) Fund was organised at Dimapur Nagaland on 4th May 2023.
- Driven by the message of Mission LiFE and circular economy goals, the Central Pollution Control Board is organizing an online ‘Waste to Wealth Ideation Hackathon’ for undergraduate and above students on 14th May, 2023
- The Ministry of Culture along with IBC will celebrate the auspicious day of Vaisakh Purnima with reverence and piety on 5th May. International Buddhist Confederation (IBC) in coordination with the Himalayan Buddhist Culture Association (HBCA) will be celebrating the event at the National Museum, New Delhi.