Published on: March 4, 2022
SNIPPETS – 4 MARCH 2022
- The ‘Stree Manoraksha Project’ has been launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD)in collaboration with NIMHANS Bengaluru. This was launched with the aim to improve women’s mental health across India.
- Under “Relief and Rehabilitation of Migrants and Repatriates scheme”, Central Government has approved the proposal for continuation of seven existing sub schemes for the period 2021-22 to 2025-26. Beneficiaries get assistance from Home Ministry
- Trade Deficit of India is expected to increase. When a country’s imports surpass its exports in a fiscal year, it is considered to be a trade deficit
- Historic resolution on Plastic Pollution adopted by 175 countries at the fifth United Nations Environment Assembly. It was initiated by India
- Swiss Air Lines, the subsidiary of Lufthansa, plans to become the world’s first airline to use solar fuel. It is based on SYNGAS
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) has offered four projects to the Indian Industry for design & development under Make-I category of Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP) 2020.
- Meghalaya has withdrawn consent to the CBI, becoming the ninth state to do so. The withdrawal of consent means that the agency will not be able to investigate any case in the state without the state government’s permission.
- A nodal organization named “MeitY Startup Hub’ (MSH) has been set up under the ambit of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) with the aim of promoting start-ups, technology innovation, and the creation of Intellectual Properties.
- To build awareness amongst citizens about good governance, MyGov has launched the “Sabka Vikas MahaQuiz” series.
- Quad Summit was recently held. It is Quadrilateral security dialogue under Japan, India, United States and Australia