Published on: October 5, 2021
SNIPPETS – 5 OCTOBER 2021
- Election commission of India allots election symbols to parties for By poll elections in Bihar. It is allotted in terms of Election Symbols (Reservation and Allotment) Order of 1968.
- The first consignment of Kashmiri walnuts was recently flagged off from Budgam. A truck carrying 2,000 kgs was despatched to Bengaluru, Karnataka under the One District, One Product (ODOP) Initiative of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- Two new smog towers have been recently inaugurated in Delhi. Bengaluru and Chandigarh also installed smog towers this year.
- U.S. scientists David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian on Monday won the Nobel Medicine Prize for discoveries on receptors for temperature and touch.
- Defence Minister felicitated the winners of ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ Contest organised by Defence Research & Development Organisation
- The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Shyamji Krishna Varma on his Jayanti.
- World Animal Welfare Day is observed all over the world every year on October 4.
- Karnataka legislators to get Constitution Club for at Balabrooie guest house
- Health Minister launched the ICMR’s drone response and outreach in the north-east (i-Drone)
- Japan’s parliament on Monday elected Fumio Kishida, as Prime Minister.
- 53rd Foundation Day celebrations of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) was recently held
- The fourth Conclave in DD News’ Conclave series was held onthe topic ‘Yuva Shakti: From Sports to Startups’.
- Minister of State for Tourism flags off the Buddhist Circuit Train FAM Tour from New Delhi today to help tap potential of Buddhist tourism
- Russia has successfully test-fired Hypersonic missile from a nuclear submarine for the first time on October 4, 2021. The missile, named Zircon missile, was launched from the Severodvinsk. submarine. Zircon hit a designated target in the Barents Sea.