Published on: December 6, 2021
SNIPPETS – 6 DECEMBER 2021
- Karnataka Chief Minister told the Centre that the state is opposed to the implementation of the Kasturirangan Committee report on Western Ghats. The committee recommended instead of the total area of Western Ghats, only 37% (i.e. 60,000 sq. km.) of the total area be brought under ESA
- The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is in charge of 204 lakes here, of which only 20 lakes are free from any encroachments, data released by the civic body itself revealed
- Rescuers in Indonesia raced to find survivors in villages blanketed by molten ash on Sunday after the eruption of Mount Semeru killed at least 14 persons and left dozens injured.
- A well-organised Argentina defeated six-time champion Germany 4-2 and won the title after a 16-year gap in the men’s Junior hockey World Cup at the Kalinga Stadium .
- Event to commemorate 100 years of Public accounts committee celebrated. The committee is entrusted with duties of accounting.
- Veteran journalist Vinod Dua passes away. He was a pioneer in broadcast journalism with stints in Doordarshan and NDTV.
- 11th Edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India & Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives from 06 to 19 December 2021.
- PM condoles the passing away of former Andhra Pradesh CM Shri K. Rosaiah
- Buoyed by the success of its innovative Project RE-HAB (Reducing Elephant-Human Attacks using Bees) in Karnataka, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has now replicated the project in Assam. “Bee-fences” are created by setting up bee boxes in the passage ways of elephants to block their entrance to human territories.
- A copy of the Bhagavad Gita, a Parker pen, a Gandhi topi (cap) and a tulsi mala are some of the personal effects of former Prime Minister Morarji Desai that will make their way to the Museum of Prime Ministers, New Delhi
- Russia wins Davis Cup after 15 years. It is related to Tennis
- New Delhi and Colombo have agreed on a four-pronged cooperation package comprising urgent food and health security, energy security, currency swap and Indian investments.