Published on: April 8, 2022
SNIPPETS – 8 APRIL 2022
- The number of dengue cases are increasing since January in Karnataka. Dengue is most rapidly spreading mosquito-borne viral disease in the world. It is spread by several species of female mosquitoes of the Aedes variety, specifically of the Aedes aegypti.
- Litterateurs Go Ru Channabasappa, Prof T V Venkatachala Sastry and Bhashyam Swamy have been selected for the prestigious Nadoja award conferred by the Hampi Kannada University. The Nadoja is a prestigious award presented annually to eminent personalities for their contribution in various fields.The word “Nadoja” belongs to Adikavi Pampa which means `teacher to the Land’s.
- Chandigarh Municipal Corporation passed a resolution stating that the city should remain a Union Territory. A union territory is Federal territory administered by the Union Government of India
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana completes 7 years. It aims to refinance collateral-free loans given by the lenders to small borrowers
- As per Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is taking rapid strides to fulfill the government’s vision- ‘Housing for all by 2024’, with over 3 crore pucca houses already constructed under the program.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) introduced the Standing Deposit Facility (SDF) as an additional tool for absorbing liquidity
- The Ministry for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has inaugurated the Comprehensive Training Programme on Natural Farming
- Russia to lose the membership of UNHRC. It is a inter-governmental body within the United Nations system Responsible for strengthening the promotion and protection of human rights around the world
- United states of America gets first judge who is a black woman. The Senate confirmed Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court