Published on: April 19, 2023
Snippets:18 April 2023
- Vice Admiral Krishna Swaminathan assumed charge as Controller of Personnel Services. He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla; A recipient of the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal, the Admiral has held several key operational, staff and training appointments in his naval career including the command of missile vessels INS Vidyut and INS Vinash; the missile corvette INS Kulish; the guided missile destroyer INS Mysore; and the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting organized the First National Workshop and Consultation on Draft AVGC Policies at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, for industry, academia & the government. There was forthcoming participation from several Government bodies of both Centre & State level related to AVGC, along with the industry associations & industry leaders of the AVGC sector.
- Under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) approves conduct of the Staff Selection Commission Multitasking (non-technical) Staff (SSC MTS) examination, 2022 and CHSLE Examination, 2022 in 13 regional languages in addition to Hindi and English. In addition to Hindi and English, the question paper will be set in the 13 regional languages i.e. Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Odia, Urdu, Punjabi, Manipuri (also Meiti) and Konkani.
- Y20 consultation on peace building and reconciliation will be hosted by the University of Jammu from April 18-19, 2023.
- Jamnagar in Gujarat is the top exporting district in India. It formed about 24% of India’s exports in value terms in FY23 (till January). Surat in Gujarat and Mumbai Suburban in Maharashtra feature second and third by a distance, forming only about 4.5% of the country’s exports in the period. The other districts in the top 10 are Dakshina Kannada (Karnataka), Devbhumi Dwarka, Bharuch and Kachchh (Gujarat), Mumbai (Maharashtra), Kancheepuram (Tamil Nadu) and Gautam Buddha Nagar (Uttar Pradesh).
- The Central Government has notified the Animal Birth Control Rules, 2023 under Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, 1960 and after superseding the Animal Birth Control (Dog) Rules, 2001.
- India will host an international summit on Buddhism in Delhi on April 20 and 21.
- In the first-ever census of mangrove pitta birds carried out in two coastal districts of Odisha, 179 such birds were sighted