Published on: March 20, 2023
Snippets:20 MARCH 2023
- Napoklu, a small town 21 km away from district headquarters Madikeri, is all set to host the world’s largest field-hockey tournament, as the annual Kodava hockey festival will be held after a four-year gap.
- Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai unveiled a 108-ft-tall statue of Male Mahadeshwara at M.M. Hills in Chamarajanagar district
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) have developed a low-cost star sensor for astronomy and small CubeSat class satellite missions. The star sensor named Starberry-Sense can help small CubeSat class satellite missions find their orientation in space. The Department of Science and Technology (DST) said that the Starberry-Sense is ready for launch on the PS4-Orbital Platform by ISRO and can be used for CubeSats and other small satellite missions in the future.
- Ramsahay Prasad Yadav elected as third Vice-President of Nepal
- The Indian Army is set to host the second edition of the Africa-India field training exercise (AFINDEX-23) and African Chiefs Conclave in Pune.
- The Global Terrorism Index (GTI) is a report published annually by the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP). Afghanistan tops the index while Pakistan is ranked 6th and India ranked 13th marking only a marginal decrease from the previous year.
- Svaya Robotics(a Hyderabad-based company), has partnered with two DRDO labs unveils India’s first homegrown quadruped robot and exoskeleton.
- The Labour20 (L20) engagement group’s inception meet, as part of India’s G20 presidency, held at Amritsar, Punjab.
- The second meeting of the Startup20 Engagement group, newly formed under India’s G20 Presidency, will be held in Gangtok, Sikkim.
- The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu, launched ‘herSTART’ – a start-up platform of Gujarat University in Ahmedabad.
- Meghalaya gets Electric trains for the first time. Indian Railways completes Electrification of important sections between Abhayapuri – Pancharatna, Dudhnai – Mendipathar
- Global Recycling Day is observed every year on March 18 with an aim to spread awareness about the rapid pace at which our natural resources are depleting and the need for recycling to slow it down. Theme for the year is “Creative Innovation”