Published on: October 27, 2023
Snippets:26 OCTOBER 2023
- FSSAI has recommended the use of QR codes on food products for accessibility by persons with visual disabilities, stating that this would ensure access to safe food for all, including those with special needs.
- Italy opened consulate in Bengaluru, aims to process 20,000-30,000 visas per year
- The National Information and Cybersecurity Council (NICC) has established the National Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence (NCCE) at the SJB Institute of Technology (Autonomous) in Bengaluru. Partnership will allow students and other aspirants to access cutting-edge resources and knowledge in the field of cybersecurity, enabling them to become leaders in this critical domain.
- Kurubarahalli Venkataramareddy Aravind sworn in as Additional Judge of Karnataka High Court
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) has appointed Lok Sabha MP representing Mandya, Sumalatha Ambareesh, as a member of the high-level Advisory Group on Countering Terrorism and Violent Extremism. It serve as the global focal point for parliamentary activities related to counter terrorism efforts + composed of members of Parliament from various countries. She is the first Indian MP to be nominated to this high-level grouping and will be member for a period of five years.
- The government is organising a Hackathon to develop applications and tools that would help law enforcement agencies leverage 5G technology for better policing. The Hackathon would be exploring “360-degree surveillance”, “predictive policing” and other topics.
- To augment the training infrastructure of special forces and combat free-fallers, the Army has installed its first vertical wind tunnel (VWT) at the Special Forces Training School (SFTS) at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh
- Glenn Maxwell scored the fastest hundred in the World Cup, against the Netherlands and breaks Markram’s mark record
- Amol Muzumdar has been appointed as the head coach of India women’s cricket team.
- New crab species Ghatiana sanguinolenta discovered in Karnataka
- Union Minister of Textile, Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution, today launched website of Kasturi Cotton Bharat.
- Maharaj Gunj market of Dogra architecture at Jammu and Kashmir gets a revival project
- India hosting meeting of the United Nations Forum on Forests (UNFF)
- Moderato Japanese state of traffic technology to be inaugurated in Bangalore