Published on: July 5, 2023
Snippets:4 JULY 2023
- Indian refiners have begun paying for some oil imports from Russia in Chinese yuan, sources said, as Western sanctions force Moscow and its customers to find alternatives to the dollar for settling payments.
- Gita Chadha has been appointed Obaid Siddiqi Chair in the History and Culture of Science, at the archives, at National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru. The Obaid Siddiqi Chair has been set up at the intersection of the practice of science, its history and culture, and is awarded to eminent scholars whose work spans these disciplines.
- Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has congratulated new home owners in Bengaluru’s first project under SWAMIH Fund
- National Anti-Doping Agency, India (NADA India) signs a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with South Asia Regional Anti-Doping Organization (SARADO) in New Delhi
- National Innovation Foundation in association with the Indian National Science Academy organized an outreach program at Ahmedabad Management Association
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojna- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) launched eSARAS mobile App which will add to eCommerce initiatives for products made by the SHGs.
- In a landmark event concerning maritime collaboration under the framework of Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) between the nations of Indian Ocean Region, scientists from Bangladesh and Mauritius embarked onboard India’s research vessel ‘Sagar Nidhi’ to participate in the joint ocean expedition spanning nearly 35 days. The cruise is conducted by Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) under Ministry of Earth Sciences. It is an outcome of the maiden CSC Oceanographers and Hydrographers conference held at Goa and Hyderabad