Published on: October 6, 2023
Snippets:4 OCTOBER 2023
- The R21/Matrix-M malaria vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and the Serum Institute of India, leveraging Novavax’s adjuvant technology, was recommended for use by the World Health Organization (WHO)
- The S. and the Philippines launched annual joint naval war games, days after the latest diplomatic row between Manila and Beijing over the disputed South China Sea. Exercise “Samasama” drills off Manila and the south of Luzon, the main island of the Philippines.
- Trio of Karthika Jagadeeswaran, Aarathy Kasturi Raj and Heeral Sadhu, Indian women roller skaters bagged a bronze in the 3000m team relay
- Armenia’s Parliament voted on to join the International Criminal Court against the will of Russia
- India’s Annu Rani won the gold medal in the women’s javelin throw
- Parul Chaudhary won gold for women’s 5000m at the 2023 Asian Games
- Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar was announced as the Global Ambassador for the Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 by the International Cricket Council
- Government is planning to set up “Grama Nyayalaya” (village court) in each gram panchayat for resolving disputes within the jurisdiction of each GP
- World Animal Day is an annual event that is celebrated around the world on October 4
- Scientists have recently discovered a new fish species that can change its colour like a chameleon at Milak river Nagaland
- Prime Minister announced the setting up of the tribal university in Telangana. It will be named after tribal goddesses Samakka and Sarakka.
- France’s Pierre Agostini, Hungarian-Austrian Ferenc Krausz and French-Swedish Anne L’Huillier won the Nobel Prize in physics
- The 2023 Nobel Prize in Medicine has been awarded to Hungarian biochemist Katalin Karikó and American physician-scientist Drew Weissman.
- Bescom and KREDL float tender for solarisation of agriculture feeders under PM Kusum Yojana