Published on: December 22, 2022
buy generic ivermectin Why in news? To remember the great contribution of is it okay to buy isotretinoin online Srinivasa Ramanujan to mathematics, every year December 22 is celebrated as national mathematics day.
- He was an Indian mathematician but had no formal training in pure mathematics
- Substantial contributions : mathematical analysis, number theory, infinite series, and continued fractions, including solutions to mathematical problems then considered unsolvable.
- He independently compiled nearly 3,900 results (mostly identities and equations).
- Ramanujan prime, the Ramanujan theta function, partition formulae and mock theta functions, have opened entire new areas of work and inspired a vast amount of further research.
- Ramanujan Journal : Scientific journal, to publish work in all areas of mathematics influenced by Ramanujan
- He became one of the youngest Fellows of the Royal Society and only the second Indian member, and the first Indian to be elected a Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge.
- Awards: Fellow of the Royal Society (1918)
- Ramanujan’s home state of Tamil Nadu celebrates 22 December (Ramanujan’s birthday) as ‘State IT Day’.
- The Man Who Knew Infinity is a 2015 film based on Kanigel’s book.