Published on: April 2, 2022
STATE OF WORLD POPULATION REPORT 2022
isotretinoin generic no prescription BY – United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
buy modafinil in nigeria DETAILS
- Titled “Seeing the Unseen: The case for action in the neglected crisis of unintended pregnancy”
- Between the years 2015 to 2019, there was a rise in unintended pregnancies which numbered around 121 million across the globe annually.
- There was a lack of modern and safe methods of contraception and across the globe, around 257 million women are not using such methods of contraception to avoid pregnancies
- During the first 12 months of the Covid-19 pandemic, there was a disruption in contraceptive supplies due to which around 1.4 million unintended pregnancies were reported.
- There has been a rise in rape-related pregnancies. Among women who have experienced partner violence contraceptive use is 53 percent lower. There is more chance of pregnancies occurring due to rape than consensual sex.
- A rise in abortion has been noticed with more than 60 percent of pregnancies that are unintended, and around 30 percent of all pregnancies, ending in abortion. Across the globe, 45 percent of all abortions performed were unsafe. USD 553 million per year in treatment costs is the cost of unsafe abortion in developing countries.
- There is a rise in humanitarian emergencies with the ongoing Ukraine-Russia war due to which many women are facing sexual violence and losing access to contraception. Studies have shown that more than 20 percent of refugee girls and women will and might have faced sexual violence