Published on: November 22, 2021
SWACHH SURVEKSHAN AWARDS
Osterholz-Scharmbeck The President of India conferred awards to 342 cleanest cities of India at the ‘Swachh Amrit Mahotsav’ as part of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban 2.0 by the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
- More than 300 awards under various categories were given for recognizing the cleanliness and sanitation efforts of the towns, cities, States, and Union Territories under various initiatives of Swachh Bharat Mission – Urban such as the Swachh Survekshan 2021, Safaimitra Surakasha Challenge, and certifications for Garbage Free Star rating for cities.
- Indore has been awarded the ‘Cleanest City’ of India award for the 5th consecutive year in the ‘more than 1 lakh’ population category followed by Surat and Vijayawada on the 2nd and 3rd rank respectively.
- Vita, Lonavala, and Sasvad cities from Maharashtra have ranked first, second, and third Cleanest Cities respectively in the ‘less than 1 lakh’ population category.
- Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh emerged as the ‘Fastest Mover City’ in the ‘more than 1 lakh’ population category thus securing a place among the top 100 cities at 87th position.
- In other categories, Varanasi won the ‘Best Ganga Town’, Ahmedabad Cantonment won ‘India’s Cleanest Cantonment’ followed by Meerut Cantonment and Delhi Cantonment