Published on: September 29, 2021
http://acorncentre.co.uk/93d3cuYWNvcm5jZW50cmUuY28udWs6e918d51/ What is in news : Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched the seventh consecutive edition of Swachh Survekshan
http://czechinthekitchen.com/2016/04/16/kulajda-sour-dill-soup/?share=google-plus-1 What is Swachh Survekshan:
- Launched in 2016.
- It is meant to monitor the performance of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which was launched on October 2, 2014, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It was also aimed at inculcating a spirit of healthy competition among cities towards becoming India’s cleanest cities.
- World’s largest urban cleanliness survey
- Conducted by: Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U)
- Designed with ‘People First’ as its driving philosophy
- Curated towards capturing the initiatives of cities for the overall welfare and well-being of frontline sanitation workers.
- Incorporated specific indicators that drive cities to improve working conditions and livelihood opportunities for sanitation workers in urban India’s sanitation journey.
- Two population categories under 15K and between 15-25K.
- District rankings have been introduced for the first time.
- The scope has been expanded to now cover 100% wards for sampling, as compared to 40% in previous years.