Tal Chhapar Sanctuary
Taylors Lakes Why in news? The famous http://cymaticsconference.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-engine-module/wp-engine.php Tal Chhapar blackbuck sanctuary in Rajasthan’s Churu district has received a protective cover against a proposed move of the State government to reduce the size of its eco-sensitive zone.
- Rajasthan High Court has ordered a “complete prohibition” on any action to reduce the wildlife sanctuary’s area.
About Tal Chhapar Sanctuary
- Location: Churu District, Rajasthan, India
- Nearest city: Chhapar
- It is known for blackbucks and is also home to a variety of birds.
- From Jaipur on the fringe of the Great Indian Desert and situated on road from Ratangarh to Sujangarh.
- Geography: It is a flat saline depression locally known as a “tal” that has a unique ecosystem in the heart of the Thar Desert.
- Vegetation : has open grassland with scattered Acacia and Prosopis trees give it an appearance of a typical savanna.
- It was included in the itinerary of the “Heritage on Wheel” train of Rajasthan
- Chhapar – Sujangarh state highway divides the sanctuary area into two parts
- Sanctuary has a special type of grass called Mothiya locally(Seeds of grass Pearl shape)