THE AGNIPATH SCHEME
THE AGNIPATH SCHEME
http://greymarkconstruction.com/home/leslie-index-2 Why in news?
Funehikimachi-funehiki The Cabinet approved the Agnipath scheme for temporary recruitment to the armed forces
http://essexprintstudio.co.uk/product/standard-2/ What is the Agnipath Scheme?
- This scheme entails a recruitment process for individuals below the rank of officer, with the goal of deploying fitter, younger troops on the front lines, many of whom will be on four-year contracts. It’s a game-changing project that will give the Army, Navy, and Air Force a more young image.
Foligno Who can apply to this scheme?
- Under this scheme both men and women between the ages of 17.5 and 21 will be brought into the armed forces.
buy modafinil uk 2014 What is the eligibility criteria for this scheme?
- All three services will be enrolled through a centralized online system, with specific rallies and campus interviews conducted by recognised technical colleges such as Industrial Training Institutes and the National Skills Qualifications Framework, among others.
- Enrolment will be on a ‘All India All Class’ basis, with eligible ages ranging from 17.5 to 21 years old.
- Agniveers will meet the medical requirements for enlistment in the armed forces as they apply to their particular categories/trades. Agni veers’ educational qualifications will continue to be popular for enrolment in many categories, such as: The educational requirement for becoming a General Duty (GD) soldier is Class 10.
Can girls apply for Agnipath Entry and is there any reservation for girls?
- Yes, girls under the given age limit are open for the agnipath entry, while there is no such reservation for women under this scheme.
What are the terms of service under Agnipath?
- After four years of service, 25% of the Agniveers will be retained in the regular cadre based on merit, willingness and medical fitness. They will then serve for a full term of another 15 years. While the other 75% Agniveers will be demobilised, with an exit or “Seva Nidhi ” package of Rs 11-12 lakh, partly funded by their monthly contributions, as well as skill certificates and bank loans for help in their second careers.
What are the advantages of this scheme?
- It provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the youth to serve their country and contribute to national development. The Armed Forces would be younger and more vibrant.
- The Agniveers will have a good financial package with the opportunity to train in the best military ethos in civil society and institutions, as well as improve their skills and qualifications. This will make well-disciplined and skilled youth with military ethos in the civil society
- Youths recruited in the armed forces under the short-term Agnipath scheme are called Agni veers and can be called back if the situation demands, particularly in case of a full-fledged war
After completion of service the Agniveers will not be treated as “ex-servicemen”. After four years about 25% of Agniveers will be absorbed in the Army and the rest can participate in recruitment processes of Indian Army.