Published on: April 29, 2022
UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN 2.0
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 (UBA 2.0) has successfully completed four years
UNNAT BHARAT ABHIYAN
- Launched in the year 2018
- Aim – bringing transformational changes in the processes of rural development processes
- Flagship programme that falls under the ambit of the Ministry of Education
- Link the country’s Higher Education Institutions with a set minimum of five villages so that these higher institutions can help in contributing to the social and economic betterment of the communities of these villages by using their knowledge base.
- National Coordinating Institute is the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi).
- Under UBA, two major domains for the holistic development of villages are covered which are:
- human development
- material (economic) development in an integrated manner.
- Engage the students and the faculties of the Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) to understand the country’s rural realities
- Students and the faculties help in identifying the developmental issues that are being faced in the rural areas and coming up with sustainable solutions
- Existing innovative technologies are identified, selected, and customized for innovative solutions, as required by the people