Published on: November 24, 2022
buy modafinil vancouver Why in news?
buy isotretinoin online pharmacy Lukewarm response to project Unnati, which aims to reduce dependence on the MGNREGS by imparting skill training to its beneficiaries
- Union Rural Development Ministry wants to link performances of the States under the project with its labour budget for the upcoming financial year.
- Since its inception in 2020, just a little over 25,000 persons have been trained under the project, falling far short of its target of 2 lakh.
- The project was slated to end on March 2022 but has now been extended by two years.
- Indifference with state governments with regard to implementation of scheme is one of the reasons for deferring
What is project Unnati ?
- It is a skilling project intends to upgrade the skill base of the Mahatma Gandhi NREGA beneficiaries
- Aim: In improving their livelihoods, from the partial employment to full-time employment by reducing their dependence on Mahatma Gandhi NREGS.
- Conditions: One adult member (of age 18-45 years old) of a household ,completed 100 days of work under MGNREGA in the previous financial year.
- The household from which, candidates are selected for the training, are continuing to enjoy 100 days of work under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA.
- The candidate undergoing training are paid a stipend for a maximum period of 100 days and for one program per household as per the wage rate prevailing in the concerned State/UT as per the provisions of the project.
- Full expenditures towards a stipend, against wage loss compensation, are entirely borne by Central Government.
- Training centres : The DeenDayal Upadhyay Grameen Kaushal Yojana, the Rural Self-training institute and the Krishi Vigyan Kendra .
- The Grameena Kaushal Yojana is placement linked programme ,70% of the trained candidateshave to be compulsorily employed with minimum salary of Rs. 6,000 a month