Published on: November 15, 2022
Why in news?
Karnataka Government launched their new classroom scheme ‘Viveka’ on Children’s Day in Kalaburagi district.
- The Karnataka government has recently announced that 8,100 old and non-functioning classrooms will be replaced under the Viveka classrooms scheme.
- The Department of School Education and Literacy will construct new classrooms in the new government-run schools like Karnataka Public Schools or Adarsha Schools
- Construction of 7,000 of the 8,100 classes will be funded by State, SCP/TSP, SDP.
- Kalyana Karnataka Regional Development Board (KKRDB) to build the remaining 1,100 classes.
- The government has decided to name them after Swami Vivekananda and every class will have the sayings of Swami Vivekananda.
- All the classes to be in the same structure and colour.
- Viveka new classrooms will be in saffron colour