WORLD DAIRY SUMMIT 2022
Why in news?
The PM, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit (IDF WDS) 2022 organised at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida. New Delhi.
Dairy Sector in India:
- India’s rank was 1st in milk production contributing 23% of worldwide milk production followed by the USA, China, Pakistan and Brazil.
- The main 5 milk-producing states are: Uttar Pradesh (14.9%), Rajasthan (14.6%), Madhya Pradesh (8.6 %,), Gujarat (7.6 %,) and Andhra Pradesh (7.0%).
- The capability of the dairy area gives impulse to the rural economy, but at the same time is a significant source of livelihood for crores of individuals across the world.
- This sector gives work to in excess of 8 crore families in the country.
- There are in excess of 33% of the individuals from dairy cooperatives in India are women.
Key Findings of Summit:
- The government has taken some steps to further develop the dairy business and subsequently milk production has expanded by over 44% of his. over the most recent eight years.
- The example of overcoming adversity of India’s dairy industry, which represents around 23% of the world’s milk, creates roughly 210 million tons yearly and engages more than 8 million dairy farmers, will be displayed at IDF WDS 2022.
- The theme of this year is Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood.
- The IDF World Dairy Summit will provide a forum to industry experts to share knowledge and ideas on how the sector can contribute to nourish the world with safe and sustainable dairying.
Participants will get an opportunity to acquire knowledge on latest research findings and experiences relevant to the global dairy sector in the broadest sense