Published on: September 30, 2023
World Rabies Day
Why in news? World Rabies Day is celebrated globally on September 28.
- Why this day – Death anniversary of Louis Pasteur + French chemist and microbiologist who developed the first vaccine against rabies
- Conceived by – Global Alliance for Rabies Control in 2007
- Theme 2023 – “All for 1, One Health for All”.
- Rabies is a preventable viral disease most often transmitted through the bite of a rabid animal
- It affects peripheral nerves and central nervous system
- The disease can be diagnosed only after the start of symptoms