Published on: May 6, 2022
NEWS : Chief Minister of Karnataka has instructed officials to initiate measures to launch the Yeshasvini health insurance scheme on October 2
- Launched in 2003
- Cooperative Health Care Scheme launched for farmers who are members of the Cooperative Societies
- MISSION : To bring health care of International Standards within the reach of every cooperative farmer of Karnataka. We are committed to the achievement &maintenance of excellence in health care for the benefit of farmer cooperator.
- From the year 2014-15 Yeshasvini Scheme has been extended to urban co-operatives.
- Implemented for the members of Rural and Urban Cooperative Societies and their families
- Annual contribution per person for Rural Societies for general category members and their family is Rs. 250/- & for SC/ST members is Rs. 50/- only and remaining amount of Rs. 200/- is subsidized by the Govt
- Whereas in Urban Yeshasvini Scheme general category members have to pay annual contribution of Rs. 710/- and SC/ST members have to pay Rs. 110/- the remaining amount of Rs.600/- will be subsidized by the Govt
- From a new born baby & to a person in his lifetime can become a member subject to the eligibility norms.
- Suffering from any kind of disease is no bar to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Farmers have to be a member of a cooperative society for atleast 3 months to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- In Rural Yeshasvini Members can avail free surgery costing upto Rs.1.25 lakh and Rs.2.00 lakhs for multiple surgeries and In Urban Yeshasvini maximum limit of treatment per person for single admission is Rs. 1.75 lakhs & for multiple admission is Rs. 2.50 lakhs in the same year.
- 823 types of surgeries have been included in the Yeshasvini Scheme.
SPECIFIED MEDICAL EMERGENCY
- Drowning, dog bite, snake bite, bull gore injury, burns, electric shock accident from agricultural implements.
- Normal delivery.
- Neonatal Care.
- Angioplasty procedure.