Published on: October 7, 2023
Why in news? In a first in the country, BBMP to administer 5-in-one vaccine to stray dogs
- Vaccination is done to protect stray dogs from five diseases, including the highly contagious canine distemper virus.
- This programme is in addition to the ongoing anti-rabies vaccination programme.
- Vaccination is administrated through e-procurement
- According to the BBMP, no municipality has so far implemented this programme.
- To avoid repetition of vaccination, the BBMP plans to put geo-tagging on dogs or insert a microchip after vaccinating and sterilising.