Published on: October 7, 2023
Bapuji Seva Kendra
Why in news? Rural Development and panchayat raj department has rolled out 44 new services at Bapuji Seva Kendras
- The services available at Atalji Janasnehi Centres in Nadakacheri will now be provided at Bapuji Seva Kendra at Grama Panchayat
- These are in addition to existing 28 other utility services
About Bapuji Seva Kendra
- It is the unique initiative, launched on 1st July 2016 by Government of Karnataka under the RDPR department.
- Bapuji Seva Kendras were set up across all the Grama Panchayats in Karnataka offering different services largely from RDRP, Revenue and other departments.
Bapuji Seva Kendra 2.0
- In 2020 services were also made available online through Bapuji Seva Kendra web portal
- The new BSK 2.0 portal aims to further smoothen the citizen interface and experience while availing the services
- People can avail Aadhar based services, provided by departments of labour, health ,family welfare ,power, women and child development
Objectives of BSK
- Decentralization of the Citizen Service Delivery at Grama Panchayats making it more accessible leading to reduced travel time, waiting time and hence cost effective.
- To enhance the accountability, transparency And responsiveness to citizen’s needs.
- To manage the service provision through partnership with concerned departments and become a single interface for all Government to citizen transactions at the Grassroots.
- To ensure speed and certainty of providing the services through enforcement of a Service Level Agreement aligned with Sakala norms
- Enforce accounting, issuing of certificates etc and thereby improving the overall productivity of the administrative machinery.