Published on: January 9, 2023
Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana
Why in news? 86th Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana concludes
- A resolution in this regard was adopted at an open session on the concluding day of the meet
WHAT DOES THE RESOLUTION SAY
- The State government must promulgate an Ordinance on comprehensive development of Kannada for ensuring effective implementation of the language in education, judiciary, and administration.
- Government must implement, without any delay, the order of the Supreme Court on the pending case of Mahajan Commission report concerning the Karnataka-Maharashtra border dispute.
- Government musr withdraw all cases registered against Kannada activists immediately.
- Opposed any imposition of Hindi or any other language on Kannada.
- “As the Indian Constitution recognised all regional languages as equal as per the 8th Schedule, Kannada is one among the 22 such languages is a sovereign language of Karnataka.
- Any attempt to impose Hindi or any other language on Kannada will be strongly condemned
- Organising ‘Vishwa Kannada Sammelana’ in Davangere. Through the resolution, the sammelana urged the State government to involve the Kannada Sahitya Parishat (KSP) in organising the sammelana and take KSP into confidence in all the meetings to be held for the purpose.
Where is the 87th Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana?
- The 87th Akhila Bharata Kannada Sahitya Sammelana will be held in the “sugar bowl of South Karnataka” Mandya.