Published on: October 2, 2021
AMRUT 2.0 & SWACHH BHARAT MISSION 2.0
Bet Shemesh What is in news : Prime Minister launched the second phases of the Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban and the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation.
Požega Details :
- The Swachh Bharat Mission 2.0 intends to make India’s cities garbage-free.
- AMRUT 2.0 aims at ramping up sewage treatment as well as providing 100 per cent water supply coverage to all households.
MAHITI FOR PRELIMS
Swachh Bharat Mission
- Launched on 2nd October, 2014 to accelerate the efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage and to focus on sanitation.
- The aim is to achieve a clean and open defecation free (ODF) India.
- Implemented by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
- It seeks to improve the levels of cleanliness in rural areas through Solid and Liquid Waste Management activities and making Gram Panchayats Open Defecation Free (ODF), clean and sanitised.
- Incentive as provided under the Mission for the construction of Individual Household Latrines (IHHL) shall be available for all Below Poverty Line (BPL) Households and Above Poverty Line (APL) households restricted to SCs/STs, small and marginal farmers, landless labourers with homestead, physically handicapped and women headed households.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) is the new avatar of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- Adopts a project approach to ensure basic infrastructure services relating to water supply, sewerage, storm-water drains, transportation and development of green spaces and parks with special provision for meeting the needs of children.
- The Mission will focus on the following Thrust Areas:
- Water Supply.
- Sewerage and septage management.
- Storm Water Drainage to reduce flooding
- Non-motorized Urban Transport.
- Green space/parks.