Published on: August 11, 2021
http://realtypad.net/alfacgiapi What is in news : China’s anti-sanctions law will be implemented in some form in Hong Kong
Keelakarai About the law :
- China passed the law in 2021 January
- Chinese law has following countermeasure provisions:
- Refusal to issue visas, denial of entry & deportation.
- Sealing, seizing, and freezing property of individuals and businesses which is attached to foreign sanctions against Chinese businesses or officials
- Restrictions can also be applied to family members of individuals who fall foul of China.
- It allows Chinese courts to punish companies complying with foreign laws that damage national interests.