Published on: August 25, 2021
Poperinge What is in news : India pitched its indigenously built fighter aircrafts at the International Military-Technical Forum ‘ARMY-2021’ in Moscow.
Kumta Details :
- DRDO from India’s pavilion will display advanced defence technologies and along with Indian Defence Industries like Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL), Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) and Ordnance Factories.
- Aircrafts like Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, LCA Tejas and Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK1A) were showcased at ARMY-2021.
- Other aircrafts include- 8x-gun with longest range of 48 kilometers, Airborne Early Warning and Control System (AEW&C), Arjun Tank mark 1A, Surveillance Radar Rohini, Helina & Nag, Fire control radar, Akash missile and Carbine JVPC.
- Aim-making people aware that India can export such defence systems. Some business deals will also be started on the basis of past exhibitions.
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Under the Department of Defence Research & Development in Ministry of Defence, conducts research and development for military. It is headquartered in Delhi.
- Established in 1958 by merging Technical Development Establishment, Directorate of Technical Development and Production of Indian Ordnance Factories with Defence Science Organisation.
- Is developing several advanced technologies and systems in the fields of missiles, Light Combat Aircraft, Main Battle Tanks, Radars, Multi-barrel Rocket Launcher, Missile-based Air Defence System, life sciences related products and Naval Systems.