AUTHORIZED ECONOMIC OPERATORS PROGRAM
buy Lyrica overnight What is in news : The Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) has inaugurated the online filing of Authorised Economic Operators (AEO) applications.
http://m-sar.uk/about-us-1/ Background : AEO is a programme (2007) under the aegis of the World Customs Organization (WCO) SAFE Framework of Standards to secure and facilitate global trade.
India & IEO
- The AEO Programme was introduced as a pilot project in 2011.
- Aim of Indian AEO Programme:
- To provide business entities with an internationally recognized certification.
- To recognize business entities as “secure and reliable” trading partners.
- To incentivize business entities through defined benefits that translate into savings in time and cost.
- Secure supply chain from point of export to import.
- Enhanced border clearance.
- Reduction in dwell time and related costs.
- Customs advice/assistance if trade faces unexpected issues with Customs of countries.