Published on: October 6, 2021
What is in news : The National Health Authority (NHA), the apex body for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY), has revised the Health Benefit Package (HBP) Master under the scheme.
What is new:
In the revised version of Health Benefit Package (HBP 2.2) has been added:
- Rates of some packages have been increased by 20% to 400%
- Rates of around 400 procedures have been revised
- One new additional medical management package related to black fungus
- Launched as recommended by the National Health Policy 2017, to achieve the vision of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Aim: to undertake path breaking interventions to holistically address health (covering prevention, promotion and ambulatory care), at primary, secondary and tertiary level.
- Ayushman Bharat adopts a continuum of care approach, comprising of two inter-related components, which are:
- Health and Wellness Centres (HWCs).
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY).
- Key Features of PM-JAY
- World’s largest health insurance/ assurance scheme fully financed by the government.
- Provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private empanelled hospitals in India.
- Provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- Envisions to help mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical treatment which pushes nearly 6 crore Indians into poverty each year.
- Covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
- No restriction on the family size, age or gender.