Published on: October 6, 2021
What is in news : Prime Minister interacted with the beneficiaries of SVAMITVA scheme in Madhya Pradesh
About the scheme :
- Launched on Panchayati Raj Diwas (April 24th, 2020).
- Seeks to map residential land ownership in the rural sector using modern technology like the use of drones.
- Scheme aims to revolutionise property record maintenance in India.
- Piloted by the Panchayati Raj ministry.
- Residential land in villages will be measured using drones to create a non-disputable record.
- Property card for every property in the village will be prepared by states using accurate measurements delivered by drone-mapping. These cards will be given to property owners and will be recognised by the land revenue records department.