Published on: March 24, 2023
Ayushmati women’s clinics
Why in news? The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is set to start dedicated women’s clinics at 57 locations, in primary healthcare centres, in Bengaluru.
- The clinics were setup to provide healthcare services to women from low-income groups who often cannot afford gynaecologists and other services under single roof.
- These clinics will focus on issues related to women, will be called ‘Ayushmati women’s clinic’.
- They will have a gynaecologist who will provide treatment and check-up for women and treatment will be available for all age groups of women from children to the elderly.
- The clinics will offer suggestions to pregnant women, such as details about diet and hygiene and will provide free medicines, along with pre-natal check-up.
- The clinics will have referral and counselling services and will treat other health issues, including diabetes and blood pressure.
- ‘Ayushmati women’s clinics’ will be painted in pink colour, including the building, bed sheets, and covers, to ensure uniformity and for easy identification.
- The clinics are expected to ease pressure on existing healthcare institutions as they can treat non-communicable diseases, fever, mental illnesses, and handle immunisation programmes.