Published on: October 21, 2021
BENGALURU SAFE CITY PROJECT
What is in news : Honeywell Automation India Limited was selected to lead the Bengaluru Safe City project
- Initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs
- Under the Nirbhaya Fund by the Government of India
- Aim – Create a safe, secure and empowering environment for women and girls in public places to enable them to pursue all opportunities without the threat of gender-based violence or harassment
- Will create an integrated command & control centre to manage a state-of-the-art video system that features more than 7,000 video cameras deployed at more than 3,000 locations across the city.
- Upgrade the city police department’s existing ‘Suraksha’ app to help improve incident response rate and citizen engagement.
- Bengaluru is among eight cities selected for the government’s Safe City project, which involves identification of hot spots for crimes against women and deployment of various components, including infrastructure, technology adoption, and capacity building