Published on: December 14, 2022
- It is the commonly available and inexpensive drug
- This drug increased cure rate and survival of a very aggressive type of breast cancer, called triple-negative breast cancer, especially among young women who have this disease.
Why this medication is prescribed ?
- Carboplatin is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat cancer of the ovaries
- This cancer that begins in the female reproductive organs where eggs are formed that has spread to other parts of the body, not improved, or that has worsened after treatment with other medications or radiation therapy.
- Carboplatin is a class of medications known as platinum-containing compounds. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells.
What are Other uses for this medicine?
- Carboplatin is also sometimes used to treat lung, bladder, and endometrial cancer head and neck cancer, cancer of the cervix and testicles.