Why in news? Prime Minister Narendra Modi to participate in the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of noted Bengali scholar, poet, nationalist and spiritual guru Aurobindo Ghosh .
- It is held at Kamban Kalai Sangam in Puducherry as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Event is also marked with release a commemorative coin as well as a postal stamp in honor of Aurobindo
About Aurobindo Ghosh
- He was an Indian philosopher, yogi, maharishi, poet, and Indian nationalist.
- One of its influential extremist leaders, and then became a spiritual reformer, introducing his visions on human progress and spiritual evolution.
- Brothers: Manmohan Ghose and Barindra Kumar Ghose
- Worked : Under Maharaja of the Princely state of Baroda
- Held nascent revolutionary movement in Bengal with the Anushilan Samiti.
- Faced charges of treason for Alipore Conspiracy.
- Aurobindo developed a spiritual practice called Integral Yoga at Puducherry
- Literary works : The Life Divine, Synthesis of Yoga, and Savitri: A Legend and a Symbol, an epic poem.
- Founder of Sri Aurobindo Ashram
- Philosophy: Integral yoga Evolutionism, Intermediate zone, Supermind
Sisir Kumar Maitra, who was a leading exponent of Sri Aurobindo’s Philosophy