Published on: November 25, 2021
buy Ivermectin for humans The National Green Tribunal, Chennai, has directed a joint committee to ascertain if any construction has been made on Karwar Beach and in Kali riverbank areas in violation of CRZ rules and identify the same.
ABOUT CRZ REGULATIONS
- Coastal areas of seas, bays, creeks, rivers, and backwaters which get influenced by tides up to 500 m from the high tide line (HTL) and the land between the low tide line (LTL) and the high tide line have been declared as coastal regulation zone (CRZ) in 1991.
- By the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate change under the Environment Protection Act 1986.
- Implementation is to be ensured by state governments through their Coastal Zone Management Authorities.
- CRZs have been classified into 4 zones for the purpose of regulation:
- CRZ-I: includes ecologically sensitive areas, where no construction is allowed except activities for atomic power plants, defense.
- CRZ-II: includes designated urban areas that are substantially built up. Construction activities are allowed on the landward side only.
- CRZ-III: includes relatively undisturbed areas, mainly rural areas. No new construction of buildings allowed in this zone except repairing of the existing ones. However, constructions of dwelling units in the plot area lying between 200-500m of the high tide line is allowed.
- CRZ-IV: includes the water area covered between Low Tide Line and 12 nautical miles seaward. Except for fishing and related activities, all actions impugning on the sea and tidal water will be regulated in this zone.