PRADHAN MANTRI GARIB KALYAN ANNA YOJANA
Acknowledging that poor families still need food security support in the middle of a recovering economy, the Centre has decided to extend its free ration scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY), for another four months, until March 2022.
- World’s largest food security scheme
- Part of Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Supply free food grains to migrants and poor
- Announced as part of the first relief package during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Provided to all the beneficiaries under public distribution system (TPDS) for Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) and priority household (PHH) ration cardholders.
- Eligible beneficiaries will receive 5kg of foodgrains and 1 kg Gram per month.