Published on: June 14, 2021
CUSTOMIZED CRASH COURSE PROGRAMME FOR COVID 19 FRONTLINE WORKERS
buy prednisone for ferrets What is in news : Prime Minister launched ‘Customized Crash Course programme for Covid 19 Frontline workers’ recently
Baeza What is it :
- The programme aims to skill and upskill over one lakh Covid warriors across the country. The training will be imparted to Covid warriors in six customised job roles namely Home Care Support, Basic Care Support, Advanced Care Support, Emergency Care Support, Sample Collection Support, and Medical Equipment Support.
- The programme has been designed as a special programme under the Central Component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- It is the flagship scheme for skill training of youth being implemented by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- The objective of the scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Skill training would be done based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry led standards.
- PMKVY 1.0:
- PMKVY 1.0 was launched in July 2015 with the objective of encouraging skill development for youth by providing monetary rewards for successful completion of approved training programs during the period 2015-16.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) was the designated implementing agency of this scheme.
- PMKVY 1.0 was a target-based scheme, and during this pilot phase in 2015-16, about 20 lakh candidates were trained.
- PMKVY 3.0 will be implemented in a more decentralized structure with greater responsibilities and support from States/UTs and Districts.
- District Skill Committees (DSCs), under the guidance of State Skill Development Missions (SSDM), shall play a key role in addressing the skill gap and assessing demand at the district level.
- PMKVY 3.0 is a step towards achieving the ‘Vocal for Local’ vision by establishing increased connect at state, district and block level.
- It will encourage healthy competition between states by making available increased allocation to those states that perform better.
- The government says that PMKVY 3.0 will usher in a new paradigm with focus on demand-driven skill development, digital technology and Industry 4.0 skills.
- The new scheme will be more trainee- and learner-centric addressing the ambitions of aspirational Bharat.
- The scheme will have additional courses that will help cater to local demand.
- The focus will also be on bridging the demand-supply gap by promoting skill development in areas of new-age and Industry 4.0 job roles.
- PMKVY 3.0 role will be a propagator of vocational education at an early level for youth to capitalize on industry-linked opportunities.