Published on: June 14, 2021
Balezino What is it : Mobile app to identify senior citizens who are beneficiaries of pension schemes
Caluquembe By : Social Security and Pension department , Government of Karnataka
- The app has been developed for the purpose of suo moto identification of beneficiaries under the Senior Citizens Scheme.
- The senior citizens eligible for pension in the state have been identified in accordance with Old Age Pension and Sandhya Suraksha Yojana Rules, and also as per the Navodaya app.
- Village accountants are tasked with visiting beneficiaries at their door step and recording their existence using the app. During the lockdown and thereafter, the state has not insisted upon submission of Life Certificate by any of the eligible senior citizens.
SANDHYA SURAKSA YOJANE
- Launched by the state government is an old-age pension scheme launched exclusively for senior citizens residing in the state of Karnataka. Through this scheme, the government is providing financial assistance to senior citizens of the state.
- As financial aid, the government provides Rs 400 per month to senior citizens. Apart from this, the government is also providing some other benefits, such as KSRTC, free bus pass to travel to medical and day-care facilities