Published on: September 30, 2023
‘Cybersphere Centre for Excellence’
Why in news? Bengaluru to soon have Cybersphere Center for Excellence to contain cybercrime
- The intiative is between the Karnataka home department and ICT/biotech companies in Bengaluru
- The funding: shared responsibility between the home department and participating ICT/biotech companies.
- Aim: to bring industry personnel and government agencies together to work on combating cybercrimes and build robust security mechanisms.
What are the features of the project?
- The project will be implemented in phases, with an initial focus on establishing the centre and launching collaborative workshops and seminars.
- It will create a Cybersphere Innovation Lab that will encourage collaborative innovation to develop cutting-edge technologies for law enforcement and public safety,
- Centre facilitate the exchange of information and expertise between the home department and the ICT/biotech industry to improve security measures and strategies.
- CoE will also focus on offering skill development training for both government and industry personnel to enhance their capabilities